Department of Trauma and Orthopaedics
The department of Orthopaedics is dedicated to expert treatment for musculoskeletal injuries,relieving pain, improving functions, rehabilitation, orthotics and prosthetics and restoring quality of life to the individuals who suffer from musculoskeletal injury or disease.We are one of the premiere sites in the Central Travancore for Orthopaedic surgery.
Our Consultants have specific training and experience in a broad range of orthopaedic specialties such as:
- Joint Replacement Surgery: Joint replacement procedure can dramatically improve a patient’s quality of life. Our specialists are leaders in the field of joint replacement and perform procedures such as advanced minimally invasive surgeries & total joint replacement surgery. Some of the conditions treated by include osteoarthritis, rheumatoid arthritis, and failed previous joint replacement procedures.
- Knee/Shoulder Arthroscopy: We have expertise in ACL Reconstruction, MPFL Reconstruction, Rotator Cuff Repair, Arthroscopic Shoulder Stabilisation, Micro- fracture Treatment for Arthritis/Chondral lesions, Oesteochrondral Autograft Transplantation Surgery (OATS).
- Spine: Our specialists treat a variety of spine-related issues, including arthritis, degenerative disorders, herniated discs, spinal tumors, fractures and paralysis.
- Sports Medicine: Patients can currently benefit from advanced arthroscopic techniques to restore damaged joints, ligaments and bones.
- Hand and Upper Extremity: Our Surgeons are skilled in latest surgical techniques that can correct problems affecting the hands, arms and shoulders, such as fractures,tendon and nerve damage, carpal tunnel syndrome, and arthritis.
- Foot and Ankle: Our orthopaedic surgeons are skilled in treating a wide array of problems affecting the foot and ankle, such as fractures, tendon and ligament tears,cartilage injuries and arthritis. Some of the procedures our specialists perform include minimally invasive surgery, ligament and tendon repair, joint fusion, joint replacement, and casting and bracing.
- Trauma: We uses advanced techniques to treat musculoskeletal injuries and provides continuous care from injury to recovery and rehabilitation. Some of the traumatic injuries we treat include poly-trauma, pelvic fractures, spine trauma, and bone loss. Patients who come to us with traumatic musculoskeletal injuries can be assured of receiving superior, multidisciplinary care at every stage of their treatment.
- Pediatric Orthopaedics: treats a vast array of muscle and skeletal conditions in babies and children of all ages. Our surgeons are experts in applying some of the most advanced techniques in the treatment of complex conditions and injuries, among them cerebral palsy, spinal tumors, muscular dystrophy, spinal deformities, congenital deformities and scoliosis.
- Musculoskeletal Infection
- Orthopedic Oncology (Bone Cancer)