We provide a comprehensive array of vision and eye health services, with personalized care. Services range from routine vision screenings and eye care to the diagnosis and treatment of complex eye conditions.
We also offer the convenience of on-site services for ordering prescription eyewear.
- OPD Services
- Cataract Surgery
- Diabetic Retinopathy Clinic
- Glaucoma Clinic
- Pterygium Excision
- Entropion & Ectropion Correction Procedures
- Computerised Eye Testing
- In-house Optical shop
- Eye Collection Centre
A project of St. Thomas Hospital for ‘Eye Donation Movement
’ in association with Yuvadeepti -SMYM and The Project Vision, Bangalore.
St Thomas Hospital Chethipuzha is taking every effort in spreading the message of Eye Donation and is functioning as ‘Eye Collection Centre
30 lakhs corneal blinds are waiting for somebody to donate eyes. One pair of eyes can give vision to two corneal blind individuals and even more with modern medical advancement.
What is Eye Donation?
- Eye Donation is only cornea donation, not the whole eyes
- Cornea is a small tissue in front of the eye.
- The operation will not disfigure your face and can be done at home
Do you know?
- You can donate eyes at any age.
- Eye should be donated within 6 hours after death.
- Removal of takes only 20 minutes and does not disfigure the face.
- Eye are collected/ transplanted free of cost.
- Eye can be collected at hospital, residence, and mortuary or at the place of death.
- The medical team will reach the place of deceased within 30-40 minutes.
- People with any diseases like diabetic, blood pressure can donate their eyes.
- People wearing spectacles or done cataract operation can donate their eyes.
- Eye can be donated only after death. Eyes are too precious to be buried or burnt.
How can we work together?
- First and foremost- pledge your eyes
- Become a Volunteer- Vision Ambassador- who will enroll people for eye donation in your neighborhood or among your contacts. Follow up with them by acting as linkage between the donor and the eye banks.
- If you come across death, please appeal to the bereaved family and politely explain and motivate the family to donate eyes and
DR. THOMAS ZACHARIAH
MS (OPHTHAL), DO
Medical Superintendent & Ophthalmologist
Monday To Saturday 9.30 Am To 1 Pm
Dr. MANUEL JOHN
MBBS, MS, DO, DNB, M.Phil, PGDMLE
Senior Consultant Ophthalmologist
1st & 3rd Friday 9 Am To 12 Pm