Naturopathy & Yoga
Naturopathy is a holistic medical system, striving to find the cause of disease by understanding the body, mind, and emotion of the person. It works with the body's inherent ability to restore and maintain optimal health. Naturopathy doctors treat the person as a complete entity, not as a single disease or its symptoms.
Benefits of Naturopathy:
- Stimulate The Self-Healing Mechanisms
- Strengthen Immune System
- Correct Structural Integrity
- Use Natural Therapies To Restore and Rejuvenate Health
Naturopathy is a lifestyle rather than a medical system so patients are taught a natural way of life. Consultant might look at your physical, mental & emotional health, diet, family history, environment and lifestyle before making a diagnosis.
Naturopathic practitioners use different therapies:
- Stress Management
- Diet Therapy: The famous physician Hippocrates says "let food be your medicine ".We serve low calorie, nutritious, vegetarian food and encourage developing a taste for healthy foods.
- Manipulative Therapies: A Swedish deep tissue massage and reflexology with hotfomentation helps in Pain Management & Detoxification
- Mud Therapy: Mud, being one of the five elements of nature is considered as a cooling and relaxing to the body. It is used as packs and compresses.
- Exercise Therapy
The diseases treated best with naturopathy are:
Traditional Chinese Medicine (TCM) :
- Diabetes mellitus
- Osteoarthritis/ rheumatoid arthritis
- Polycystic ovarian disease
TCM represents procedures that follow ancient Chinese theories of ‘Yin Yang’, ‘Zang Fu’ and ‘Taoism’.
We have treatments based on these principles:
- Cupping therapy
Some of the diseases that are treated by TCM are:
Yoga & Yoga Therapy:
- Pain Management
- Hormonal Imbalance
Yoga is a collection of techniques and practices aimed at integrating mind, body and soul to achieve optimum physical and mental health.
Yoga therapy is the method of treating diseases and well-being through the application of the philosophy and practice of Yoga. Yoga therapy is the use of ‘yoga postures’, ‘meditation’ and ‘pranayama’ to help the body naturally heal and balance itself. Certain yogic practices have been shown to have specific healing qualities in addition to yoga’s inherent ability to create wellness and good health. It gives you strength, flexibility, and mind-body awareness. Yoga can be used to address both the physical and energetic systems of the body to bring the body’s hormones, neurotransmitters, metabolism, and energy back into balance.
Some of the conditions treated with yoga therapy are,
- Premenstrual Syndrome (PMS)
- Eating disorders
- Heart disease
- Diabetes Mellitus
- Digestive complaints
- Cold & Flu
- Back pain
Yoga helps in prevention of diseases like
- Osteoarthritis /rheumatoid arthritis